Last modified: December 10, 2021
- Awhi Ngā Matua acknowledges and respects the privacy of individuals. This Statement sets out the way in which we collect, use, manage and protect your personal information in relation to the Awhi Ngā Mātua app and website and related online applications and services.
- We will comply with the Privacy Act 2020 and any other legislation in relation to how we manage personal information.
- This Privacy Statement is subject to change. Any changes will be effective when posted on our website, along with a notice of the change on our website at www.awhingamatua.org.nz (Website).
- We may collect and hold personal information provided by you when you join the Awhi Ngā Mātua community so that we can:
- send in-app and email notifications
- send information directly to you, for example surveys, events and updates relating to Awhi Ngā Mātua
- suggest content which may be relevant to you
- provide account support services including but not limited to account support and account recovery
- We may use the personal information that you submit to us in connection with the above-stated purposes. You can opt out of receiving the information and materials noted above by contacting us at the below address.
- We may disclose personal information to third parties:
- if we are required or authorised by law to disclose the information;
- where you opt in for this information to be collected in connection with a joint promoter;
- to protect the personal safety of users of our services or the public.
- With your permission we may also disclose your information if we are concerned about your safety and would like to refer you for appropriate support
- You can access and request correction of any personal information that we hold at any time. Please note that your right to access your personal information will be subject to the relevant exceptions in the Privacy Act.
- We take reasonable measures to protect all personal information stored within our online platforms and related records. However, when providing personal information via our Website or applications, we note that the transmission of information using the Internet is not completely secure. We therefore cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted via our Website and any such transmission is at your own risk.
- We will only send mail or email to people who we believe are willing to receive it, and only in relation to our services. If you do not wish to receive future communications from us, please use the 'unsubscribe' link located at the bottom of our email communications or contact us on 0800 442 442.
- Please contact our Privacy Officer if you have any questions or concerns about how we manage your personal information (including requests to access or make corrections to personal information that Awhi Ngā Mātua holds), either by email (email@example.com), or by phone at 0800 442 442.
By providing your personal information to us, you are consenting to the collection, storage, use and disclosure of that information as set out in this Privacy Statement.
What information do we collect and hold?
How do we use and disclose information?
Access and correction
Information validation and security review
The Awhi Ngā Mātua team would like to thank Takai, the IHC Foundation and the Dines Family Charitable Trust for their generous contributions to our work. A huge thank you also to the IHC Programmes team, in particular the IHC Library which has worked so hard to make their remarkable collection available to us.